Wednesday, 31 March 2010
Frog Disection Boards.
At long last i've put these frog disection boards together.
It's a terrible photo, the lighting is so bad here today due to the grey skies and endless rain.
The glass jars contain frog spawn and eyes. The frogs i've used i bought at a show. Although the frogs are plastic i managed to get away with popping them in the oven so they warmed and i could bend and shape their legs back, and cut their bellies open to fill with blood.
Quite gruesome but i really like them!
Instead of using varnish to make the blood look wet i used resin. If you have a mini you want to have a high shine i would say a crystal clear resin would be perfect.
I just used a coctail stick for my painting. I didn't want to waste a good brush.
I have some eyeball cheesecake boards on the go and for the top where im using blood in place of fruit syrup i'll be able to get the perfect high shine.
Thats if they work of course. Food really isnt my thing but so far so good with them.
Will post updates of the pram when its almost complete. Its not gone exactly to plan and leaving it for a few days while i think what to do. I wanted it yellow and although moons are yellow (ish) this moon just didnt look right.
If you pop over to the the Kensington Dolls House Festival they now have the site updated with the floor plan for exhibitors.
I was really pleased to discover just now im in the hall i was hoping on and in a nice position.
Earlier in the year a iaccepted a place on the balcony, and daft me somehow in my head had balcony as being the stage area which is about 5 steps up, unlike several to the balcony.
Last week and after almost 3 months of me not realising balcony means balcony and not stage i was in a right panic because im scared of heights.
Luckily the organiser moved me and couldn't be happier. I'm now sharing a table because of this problem and looks like im with a lady that knits. Im also next to Elf so thats good.