Wednesday, 3 June 2009
Potting corner again.
Won't be long now until complete. I've taken much longer than i imagined, mostly because i have been learnng as i've gone along. I've never made leaves before nor ever got this far with completion on a build. I know its only a little build but it will be the first i'll finish so its all been a learning experience.
Where the sunflower was showing in my previous post i decided it didnt look right and so have moved it.
I made the stem for the sunflower and all the leaves. But the sunflower head i cant get right using paper or the cold porcelain. I will need to order a cutter for the petals and will make good use of it for further sunflowers.
So for now i have pinched the sunflower head off my bought one and attached to the stem i fnished today. Once my cutter arrives i can make a replacment head for the old one. Sounds daft i know but i prefer the leaves on mine.
I'll also add the face to the sunflower later.
So, where the sunflower was i'm now going to put creeping ivy and then lots of pots with plants infront at various heights. I think it will look better.
At the moment the wire is just there as a tester and still ned to paint it and add leaves and a bit more wire.
Now i've worked this out i can get on with adding all the witchy twists and strange items dotted here and there, some mice, maybe a cat and everything else thats needed.
My news. Next time i have some miniatures for sale i'm going to be selling from Etsy.
When i'm organised with this i'll put a link to my new sales page.
I like the look and feel of etsy over ebay and the fees and listing rules and regs are a lot better than ebay. It just seems a nicer place to sell from.
I've fully set up the account and will sort the link out later.