Followers

Saturday 25 July 2009

The Wonders of Pondering and Good Health News

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and best wishes last week. My husband has now been for his further tests and everything is fine with his heart. It was great news when he came home on Fiday.
We just need to figure out now whats giving the same sypmtoms as angina and heart problems.
It was lovely and funny to hear all your miniature potentials from your daily travels and the strange place we search out such treasures.

Onto pondering!

At times I have days of pondering and wondering. These are the days where I collect together a variety of items, group together and spend what seems like a life time deciding what to make and create.

Here are a few for today that I still need to poke around my craft room in search of the perfect accessories for.



First off I have this pocket watch casing. I’ve seen quite a few people fill these with wonderful sculptures and strange oddities.

In particular this is my favourite created by

http://oddfae.blogspot.com/ I love this and isn't it clever? The lady also creates other such wonders. Check out her blog and etsy/ebay page.
I want to come up with my own unique idea and hopefully this will come to me at some point today.



Second, I found these wonderful deep picture frames while in hobbycraft earlier this week. They are perfect for making mini scenes and I’m thinking one will be for a mad scientist and the other for some sort of wizard/botanist or apothercary.





This is the kind of idea I have in mind (below). You can find this and further images here at this fabulous blog.

http://cauldroncraftminiatures.blogspot.com/

Make sure you check out the magical creations also made by this talented lady. Everything is fab and full of whimsical twists. The lady has created the best posting i've seen in a long time with great links and ideas.





Before I go on with the third here is an update on the witches house. Not really much going on. I promise one day soon I will attack this and move several stages forward.





Here is the mad idea I had while ill a few weeks ago. I didn’t have the strength for much and one morning while almost better I decided it was time to start a mushroom house. As you can see it is just papier mache at the moment but I do have visions for it becoming a wonderful little house full of colour and lots of happy airy fairy fairies, and perhaps some little gnomes and hopping toads.

You have to think like a child at time!




Ok, back to the third. My lovely friend Susan http://tabithacorsica.blogspot.com/ sent this fab material to me as a surprise. It’s quite spooky that she thought to send this to me because it was what I was looking for. I think we must read each others thoughts. I find this keep happening all the time at the moment!

Thank you for sending Susan and I will make good use of everything.

My idea is to make a spooky table with spooky accessories for witches that love to dine and drink wine. I shall have to get some dirt out and tat up some but I think the idea will work.

This idea came to me while talking to another very talented lady that has plans to make these in full scale. Not being the sharpest tool in the box it took me a while to think i could do a minis version.



Also i bought some fab books from

http://www.petite-properties.com/
The books and site are 1:24 but could easily be scaled up. The ideas and tutorials in the book have been put together is an easy to follow way and the materials needed are cheap to source.






I could go on forever and a day but I’m sure I would bore you all to tears.
I need to get my skates on now and actually go and make something, or atleast finish everything i have been starting for the last few months.

8 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing all the new creations Nikki. I love the idea of the Rustic Apothecary in a box..xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing your new creations too Nikki. I see I am not the only one with a lot on the go LOL. Its good to hear your hubby is OK. I have Petite Properties books too, they are great and I have done the Kitchen one. I had planned on doing all sorts today but I had a 3 hour phone chat with a lovely person today LMAO xxxxx
    Mini Hugs

    Debie xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki, I am glad that hubby is feeling better. I hope that they soon find out what is really wrong and get it fixed.

    I have a watchcase that I put a tiny thatched cottage in. Your case is much nicer than the one that I used. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad its not Michaels heart! John had chest pains, excruciating pains in his chest like someone was giving him a huge bear hug and he couldnt breath. Saw all the heart guys but it turned out to be Hiatus Hernia. After years of Arthritis pills they had stripped the stomach lining and its red raw and all sorts of foods irritate it. Its still scary when he gets the pains bad, he sweats and cant breathe and he has to go in for Morphine, but we know at least its not the heart , and knowing what it is makes you feel abit better so hope you find out soon!
    I have those books they are great, used them for the tissue rendered walls in the potion room and the bread oven too!
    Love that watch case!
    Kate and John XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy about Michael's health! the proof that everything is straightin up is hat you dd his faboulous post full of ideas. I love the little man in the watch case! Big hugs and good night to you all

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear it's not Michael's heart. I hope they're able to figure out what is causing his symptoms.

    Wonderful ideas for our minis! I love the watchcase but no way could I make something that small to go inside, LOL Isn't her work fabulous!!

    I just love shadowboxes!! Can't wait to see yours all done!

    Have a fab day!

    Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news about Michael, I'm still catching up with the blogs after having one of those weeks but it was great to read yours this morning.
    I have those books, and those frames LOL and some old pocket watches and a whole lot of other unfinished things and kits to be bashed. Love the mnushroom house idea ,reading this has made me want to get out all my unfinished bits and actually work on one :0)
    julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nikki, did you ever finish the mushroom house?

    I love the idea! :-)

    - Kailysn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment xxx